Put a twist on one of your favorite childhood snacks, pigs in a blanket, with these Cajun Sausage Puffs with MustKetch. These are such a crowd pleasing snack, they make great appetizers for a party, potluck, or football Sunday!
· All-Purpose Flour (for work surface)
· 1/2 (17.2-ounce) Package frozen all-butter puff pastry, thawed
· 8 Fully Cooked Andouille Sausages
· 1/2 cup MustKetch Smoke
· 2 tsp. Bourbon
· 1 tbsp. Honey
· 1 Large Egg, whisked
· Lightly dust your work surface with flour. Unfold pastry and lightly flour the top. Cut pastry crosswise into 16 (1/2-inch-wide) strips with a large chef’s knife or pizza wheel.
· Working one at a time, spiral strips around sausage (pushing the ends of a new strip to the old strip when you come to the end) until sausage is covered. Repeat with remaining strips and sausage. Chill 1 hour.
· Combine MustKetch, bourbon, and honey in a bowl.
· Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush pastries with egg.
· Bake pastries until puffed and golden brown, around 22 to 25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes and then slice into 1-inch pieces with a serrated knife.
· Serve with MustKetch Smoke!