Coconut Shrimp & Orange Mustketch Sauce
A tropical classic that makes the perfect summer appetizer! This crunchy coconut shrimp is baked instead of fried, and it’s so easy to make. Be sure to make our Orange MustKetch Marmalade too for a sweet and savory dipping sauce!
· 1 lb. large, peeled shrimp
· 1/3 cup of cornstarch
· 1 tsp. salt
· ¾ tsp. cayenne pepper
· 2 cups of flaked, sweetened coconut
· 3 egg whites, beaten until foamy
· 1 cup of orange marmalade
· 2 tbsp. MustKetch Zesty
· Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray
· Rinse and dry shrimp with paper towels to prep. Mix cornstarch, salt, and cayenne pepper in a shallow bowl. Pour coconut flakes in another shallow bowl.
· Start with one shrimp at a time, dredge the shrimp in the cornstarch mixture, then the egg whites, and roll it in the coconut flakes. Be sure to coat the shrimp well.
· Place each coated shrimp on the prepared baking sheet and repeat.
· Bake the shrimp until they are bright pink on the outside and meat is no longer transparent in the center- about 15- 20 minutes total, flipping the shrimp halfway through.
· Serve as is, place on skewers, or place over a salad for a crunchy kick!
Orange MustKetch Marmalade:
· Simply mix the orange marmalade and MustKetch Zesty together in a small bowl and serve with the coconut shrimp!