This Creamy MustKetch Mac-n-Cheese Soup brings the comfort of traditional mac-n-cheese with all the extra fixings, including the tangy taste of MustKetch Smoke. Serve this soup on a chilly day and warm up in a matter of minutes!
· 1 1/2 c. macaroni
· 1 1/4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
· Kosher salt
· Freshly ground black pepper
· 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
· 1 small onion, chopped
· 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
· 1/3 c. all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
· 4 c. chicken stock
· 4 c. whole milk whole milk
· 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
· 1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets (about 4 cups)
· 8 oz. extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
· Sliced fresh chives, for garnish
· Cook pasta according to package directions; set aside.
· Season chicken with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
· Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and cooked through, 6 to 9 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate.
· Reduce heat to medium. Add onion, bell pepper, and remaining 3 tablespoons butter to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
· Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Slowly stir in stock, then milk and mustard. Simmer until thickened, about 7 to 8 minutes.
· Stir in broccoli and reserved chicken. Simmer until broccoli is tender and soup is thickened, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 1 minute (this prevents soup from breaking).
· Stir in cooked pasta.
· Gradually stir in cheese until melted and smooth.
· Season with salt and pepper.