This Creamy MustKetch Mac and Cheese Soup brings the comfort of traditional mac and cheese with all the extra fixings, including the tangy taste of MustKetch Smoke. Serve this soup on a chilly day and warm up in a matter of minutes!
· 1 1/2 c. macaroni
· 1 1/4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
· Kosher salt
· Freshly ground black pepper
· 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
· 1 small onion, chopped
· 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
· 1/3 c. all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
· 4 c. chicken stock
· 4 c. whole milk whole milk
· 2 tsp. MustKetch Smoke
· 1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets (about 4 cups)
· 8 oz. extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
· Sliced fresh chives, for garnish
· Cook pasta according to package directions; set aside.
· Season chicken with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
· Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and cooked through, 6 to 9 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate.
· Reduce heat to medium. Add onion, bell pepper, and 3 tablespoons butter to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
· Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Slowly stir in stock, then milk and MustKetch Smoke. Simmer until thickened, about 7 to 8 minutes.
· Stir in broccoli and reserved chicken. Simmer until broccoli is tender and soup is thickened, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 1 minute (this prevents soup from breaking).
· Stir in cooked pasta.
· Gradually stir in cheese until melted and smooth.
· Season with salt and pepper.