The MustKetch Spice Cake is a unique twist on the traditional tomato soup spice cake recipe. Yes you read that correctly “tomato soup” spice cake. I know many might be shaking their heads thinking how can “tomato soup” or MustKetch added to a cake make it edible, well you have to try it to believe it! It is delicious.
· 1 cup sugar
· ½ cup vegetable oil, such as canola
· 1 ½ cups flour
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon cinnamon
· ½ teaspoon nutmeg
· ¼ teaspoon cloves
· ½ cup of MustKetch Original (measure in glass measuring cup)
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
· ½ cup water
· Whip cream or Buttercream Frosting to top
· Spray 8” square pan liberally.
· Mix sugar and oil in a medium bowl.
· Mix dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and add to sugar and oil.
· Add baking soda to MustKetch in measuring cup and allow to bubble up.
· Add MustKetch mix, maple flavoring and water, beat with an electric mixer on medium until well blended.
· Pour into 8” pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Cupcakes: 15-18 minutes.
· Top with whip cream or buttercream frosting and cinnamon if desired.